Saturday, February 15, 2014

Quite Possibly the Silliest Thing I've Ever Made


I made this little fabric posie during our big snow extravaganza last weekend.  This is not the silly thing I refer to in my title.  But it gets sillier.

I was also on Pinterest over the weekend.  As I am often.  It's like crack.  But I digress.  Whilst on Pinterest, I saw this:



Upon further investigation, I was clicked through to a lovely little website that is home to Jennifer Jangles, aka Jennifer Heynen.  After falling through that rabbit hole for a lovely visit, I decided to whip up my own Scrappy Happy Scarf.  

I had been gifted a bit of black and cream jersey knit from a friend of mine last fall, and heaven knows I've got enough fabric scraps and doodads to supply a small crafty army!  So, I got scrap happy and went to work.  



Here's how mine turned out.  It is so silly and fun and colorful and I love it so much I could die!!!!  And it's warm!  And cute!



I added my newly bloomed fabric posie instead of making one from felt.  I'm tickled pink!  Proof yet again that time on Pinterest is well spent!  Thanks for the inspiration, Jennifer.

4 comments:

Anne D said...

Silly, adorable, and very you.

Also rather Dr Suess-ish, for some reason. Maybe it's the stripes.

A bird in the hand said...

Love the posie, love the stripes, love the silly.

Adorable, comme on dit en fran├žais!

Anne D said...

I meant to add that I love the posie! I think I know how you did it, so I'm going to have to try one sometime.

I also have ideas for another Boho quilt project, when I get my get-up-and-go back.

Marian Hertzog said...

Really cute!