Friday, February 7, 2014

Be Mine


I did a  little decorating for Valentine's Day this week.  I discovered I don't have nearly enough Valentine's day goodness.  Oh, woe.  On the other hand, I do have a plethora of hearts and am awash in red and white and pink.  Oh, joy!  It's like every day is Valentine's Day around here.  Just more so than usual now.  I love that.


I've got these little pillows tucked all around the house.  I love them so much, if I may say so myself, since I made them.  :)  I was inspired by one of the many boxes of conversation hearts that are purchased throughout the first half of February.  At 51, I still love reading each and every sentiment on each and every heart in the box.  I chose my faves for these little pillows.


I typed up the phrases onto ledger paper, then scanned and printed it onto muslin, cut them out and stitched them onto little calico hearts.  I added vintage trims and buttons, and backed each pillow with a bit of a vintage cutter quilt.  Super precious.  Love them.



This one I made several years ago from felt.  The rocker was my grandmother's.  It was bright red when I was little, but was badly in need of repair.  My dad fixed it all up before he passed away.  I'll give it a fresh coat of red paint this spring.  It will be so fun to have that splash of color in the little corner by my window.



I brought this chippy little table downstairs from the guest room at Christmastime, and loved it so much that I've left it in the kitchen for my cookbooks.  My sweet little Valentine cupcakes print from Jenny and Aaron is a favorite.  The papier mache doll was a long ago Etsy purchase.


Ha!  A little pillow for the Anti-Valentine.  



These are little vignettes of hearts and red that live year-round on my antique hoosier, which by the by, is also getting a splash of cherry red paint this summer.  Have wanted to do it for the longest time.  2014 will be the Summer of Paint Love.


This sweet quilt was made for me by my mama.  I cherish it, and it rests on the back of my chair in my studio.  Sweet.


And that concludes our little Valentine cottage tour.  Thanks for popping in today  Oh, and if you're in need of a little Valentine pillow, there's still time for me to get it to you before the big day!  There are a few left in my Etsy shop for you.  Happy heart, friends.  Until next time...

3 comments:

Anne D said...

I love all your little touches, and I do think of you when I see those conversation hearts!

Eek, I am so not ready for Valentine's Day!

Dori said...

Tammy, you are so sweet! I just spotted my link in your sidebar. Thank you! I shall return the favor. xo

I love all your pillows. Joyful! For the first time in months I'm caught up on biz things and my sewing corner is nearly tidy and waiting! I spent time today going through fabrics and buttons and all manner of little things. So.Much.Fun!

Eugenia said...

Precious love of craft.